Col. Traci Wallace is Commander, 171st Mission Support Group, 171st Air Refueling Wing, Pittsburgh International Airport, Coraopolis, Pa. As Commander, she oversees the Logistics Readiness Squadron, Force Support Squadron, Civil Engineering Squadron, Security Forces Squadron, Communications Flight, and the Office of Contracting. The 171st Mission Support Group also provides operational support to maintain and sustain base infrastructure.
Col. Wallace was commissioned into the Air Force through the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps in 1999. She was selected as a Special Agent with the Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI) and graduated from the Air Force Special Investigations Academy in 2000. She later transferred to the Air Force Reserves and then the Air National Guard. Her leadership experience includes Detachment Commander, Squadron Director of Operations, Squadron Commander, Branch Chief and Group Commander. She also served as an Action Officer on the Air National Guard Director’s Action Group. She has supported stateside and overseas missions including Operation Noble Eagle, Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation New Dawn, US Forces Korea and the Alaska National Guard state partnership with Mongolia. Prior to assuming her current position, Col. Wallace served as a Branch Chief to the National Guard Bureau Joint Staff Operations Directorate (NGB J3/4/7), Arlington Hall, Va.
In her civilian capacity, the colonel has been an instructor with the Department of Defense Joint Counterintelligence Training Academy, a contract manager for a Department of Homeland Security federal security contract, and is currently on military leave as a Special Agent with the US Postal Service Office of the Inspector General.
1999 Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Ariz.
2000 Air Force Special Investigations Academy, Andrews Air Force Base, Md.
2000 Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell AFB , Ala.
2005 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2017 Security Forces Officer Course, Camp Bullis, Texas
2020 Joint War College, National Defense University, College of International Security Affairs, Washington D.C.
2020 Master of Arts, Strategic Security Studies, National Defense University, Washington D.C.
1. February 2000 - May 2004, Special Agent and Counterintelligence Branch Chief, Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI) Detachment 114, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla. (November 2003 - March 2004, Special Agent, Forward Operating Location 19, Tallil Air Base, Iraq)
2. June 2004 - June 2007, Operations Officer, Counterintelligence Branch Chief, and Detachment Commander, AFOSI Detachment 631, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
3. July 2007 - July 2008, Detachment Commander, AFOSI Detachment 613, Kunsan AB, Korea
4. August 2008 - August 2010, Director of Operations, AFOSI 9th Field Investigations Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla. (January - July 2010, Detachment Commander, AFOSI Expeditionary Detachment, Kirkuk AB, Iraq)
5. August 2010 - August 2011, Director of Operations, AFOSI 5th Field Investigations Squadron, Osan AB, Korea
6. October 2011 - February 2013, Individual Ready Reserves (no unit assignment)
7. February 2013 - September 2015, Squadron Commander, 477th Security Forces Squadron, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson (JBER), Alaska (August 2014 - May 2015, Operations Officer, Air Force ROTC, University of Alaska, Anchorage)
8. September 2015 - March 2018, Squadron Commander, 176th Security Forces Squadron, JBER, Alaska
9. April 2018 - July 2019, Action Officer, Air National Guard Director’s Action Group, Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
10. July 2019 - June 2020, Counter-Terrorism Fellow, National Defense University, College of International Security Affairs, Ft McNair, Washington D.C.
11. June 2020 - August 2021, Branch Chief, National Guard Bureau Operations Directorate (NGB J3/4/7), Arlington Hall Station, Arlington, Va.
12. August 2021 - Present, Commander, 171st Mission Support Group, Pittsburgh International Airport, Coraopolis, Pa.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2020 – August 2021, Branch Chief, NGB J3/4/7, Arlington Hall Station, Va., as a lieutenant colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Army Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Jan. 16, 2000
First Lieutenant Jan. 16, 2002
Captain Jan. 16, 2004
Major Oct. 1, 2009
Lieutenant Colonel Oct. 1, 2016
Colonel Aug. 3, 2021
(Current as of November 2021)