Chief Master Sergeant Michael A. Duganieri is the 171st Medical Group Superintendent assigned to the 171st Air Refueling Wing (ARW), Pennyslvania Air National Guard. As the senior enlisted leader, he is responsible for the health, morale, welfare, professional development, training and effective utilization of over 70 Airmen.
Chief Duganieri enlisted in the active duty Air Force and was assigned to the 552nd Component Repair Squadron working as an aircraft fuel system journeyman on E-3 and EC-135 aircraft during this time. He transferred to the 171st ARW in August 1999. He has deployed on multiple occasions in support of Operations NORTHERN WATCH, SOUTHERN WATCH, ALLIED FORCE and ENDURING FREEDOM. He has served as an Aircraft Fuel System Craftsmen, KC-135 Crew Chief and Quality Assurance Inspector.
Prior to this assignment, he served as the superintendent to the 171st ARW Inspector General.
1998 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Military Course, Grissom Air Force Reserve Base, Ind.
1998 Leadership Course, Central Texas College, Grissom Air Force Reserve Base, Ind.
2004 Aviation Maintenance Technician, Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics, West Mifflin, Pa.
2007 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla.
2008 AFSO21 Course, Milwaukee, Wis.
2009 Pennsylvania Air National Guard Leadership Course, Fort Indiantown Gap, Pa.
2011 Air National Guard Leadership Course, Pittsburgh, Pa.
2012 Maintenance Resource Management Course, Knoxville, Tenn.
2014 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2014 Associate of Applied Science, Aircraft Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2014 Lean Six Sigma Course, Fort Indiantown Gap, Pa.
2014 Inspector General Inspection Course, Leesburg, Va.
2016 Inspector General Complaints Course, Leesburg, Va.
2020 Bachelor of Science, Occupational Safety and Health, Columbia Southern University. Orange, Ala.
1. July 1994–August 1994, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. August 1994–September 1994, Student, Aircraft Fuel Systems Apprentice, Sheppard AFB, Texas.
3. October 1994–March 1997, Aircraft Fuel Systems Journeyman, 552d Component Repair Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
4. April 1997–August 1999, Aircraft Fuel Systems Journeyman, 434th Maintenance Squadron, 434th Air Refueling Wing, Grissom Air Force Reserve Base, Ind.
5. September 1999–December 2002, Aircraft Fuel Systems Craftsman, 171st Maintenance Squadron, 171st ARW, Pennsylvania Air National Guard, Coraopolis, Pa
6. January 2003–May 2008, Aircraft Inspection Mechanic, 171st MXS, 171st ARW, Coraopolis, Pa
7. June 2008–June 2015, Aircraft Quality Assurance Inspector, 171st Maintenance Group, 171st ARW, Coraopolis, Pa
8. July 2015–August 2019, Inspector General Superintendent, 171st ARW, Coraopolis, Pa
9. September 2019–Present, Medical Group Superintendent, 171st Medical Group, 171st ARW, Coraopolis, Pa
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Outstanding Unit Award with Valor
AF Good Conduct Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal with service star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
Air & Space Campaign Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic July 1, 1994
Airman Jan. 1, 1995
Airman First Class Nov. 1, 1995
Senior Airman July 1, 1997
Staff Sergeant July 1, 1998
Technical Sergeant Dec. 6, 2000
Master Sergeant March 5, 2010
Senior Master Sergeant Sept. 27, 2015
Chief Master Sergeant Nov. 7, 2019
(Current as of March 2021)